Saturday, June 19, 2010

Story Post

{posted by Dad}

I am going to tell you a story about Stanley and Layla.  I have a problem and a mission for you, you have to try to figure out what you would do if you were me.

One morning when Layla first came to school, I didn't like that new Layla.  So one afternoon at playtime I wanted to play catch with Stanley and when I was running towards him to play, Layla was faster than me and she ran after me and then she ran so fast that she went in front of me.  And then, she grabbed onto my arm and she pulled me to the bottom of the yard.  And then something weird happened which was she told me that we had to play babies and then she scolded me that I had to be the baby.  And she never lets me be the mommy.

The next afternoon, it was a school day and we had to wake up early for school and Layla was gone.  And then I looked around for Layla and she wasn't there so I sneakily ran to Stanely to play cat and the mouse.  I was the cat that day, who ever was the cat was chasing the mouse.  And then somebody brought tweezers to school and they told me I could borrow them and Stanley said he didn't mind if I used tweezers to catch him.  So I ran after him and then I got my tweezers out and they were just the right length to get him and I got them open and grabbed his shirt and finally catched him. I doubled checked that I didn't make a hole in his shirt and asked him if he was hurt but he said no.

So everyday that Layla is there she won't let me play catch with Stanley.

You have to try to figure out and think for a while and when you  figure it out run to the computer and then you can type in how you would solve the problem.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's hard, Frankie. Could you all play together? Maybe there is a game you, Stanley, and Layla would all like. If that doesn't work, you could tell Layla that you wanted to play chase/catch with Stanley and she could join you. If she doesn't want to, that's okay! Good luck! Let us know what happens! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and if you want to be the mommy sometime, just say, "Layla, I would like to be the mommy today." If she says no, you can tell her you'd rather not play that game. Friendships can be hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Frankie, I think it's an excellent idea to use your online diary to look for good solutions to this "Layla problem." I'm sorry to hear that Layla isn't being a very good playmate, but I'm sure that she has her reasons. Are there any games that the three of you could play together? What about Dog-Cat-Mouse? In that game, one person (the dog) chases another person (the cat) and the cat chases yet another person (the mouse). I suggest that you talk to Layla about how you want to play with Stanley to see if you can find what we adults call a cooperative solution. If that doesn't work, ask your dad if he can get a loaner robot from work and train it to eliminate your rival Terminator style.

    Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  4. K.C. is right, having friends is hard sometimes. When there are three friends it is even harder. If you can think of a new game for all three of you that can really be fun. Trevor is silly, I don't think Terminator style is a very good solution to this game. Being a good friend is when you tell your ideas and try to find a solution that everyone is happy with. Good luck and no tweezers on the playground. Grandma Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So what has happened with Layla and Stanley, Frankster? We're all waiting to hear how things are going for you! :) XOXOXOXOXOXOXO.
    P.S. - Lottie said the other day she wished she could visit you and play with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an idea, KC. You should go to England one day with Lottie, and come to Maryport. Just so you know, our Maryport house has a door with a doorbell and a silver knob. If you ring the bell and someone expects you, they will let you in. Then we can have a play date.

    If you don't know how to get to England, you can get a GPS and type in "Maryport." If you ring the doorbell, I'll answer it.

    ReplyDelete