Things are going bad. Very bad. Here is a picture of my problem.
If I ask Layla if I can be the mommy know what she says? NO WAY! And she grabs me and pulls me away from Stanley again.
Those are all good ideas from everyone. I will try CAT DOG MOUSE tomorrow. Do I have this straight? The dog chases the cat and the cat chases the mouse? You know who will be the squeaky little mouse? LAYLA!
Maybe we could also play “baby catch?” I will be a baby, and Layla and Stanley will try to catch me.
Wait! I have an idea…Ignore the stuff that’s above this and just listen to what’s next.
How about I show Layla what it feels like to be bossed? So, I will boss her around tomorrow by telling her what to do. I will tell her to play Duck Duck Goose, even if she wants to play Bug’s Club with the little kids. Then she will know how it feels. Does my plan sound good?

Man! I'm sorry things aren't going well, Frankie. I think you should try Dog, Car, Mouse tomorrow. As tempting as it sounds to boss Layla around, try to resist. You don't want to be the new bossy girl, do you? Is there anyone else you can play with besides Layla? Maybe you need to just tell Layla that you don't want to play with her if she can't play nicely. Good luck, sweetie. I'm really hoping things get better. Hugs to you!!
ReplyDeleteBoy, having friends can be very hard. You are doing two good things to help with the problem. You are drawing pictures of how you feel and telling your friends and family. Let us know how things work out tomorrow. Love you a bunch, Grandma
ReplyDelete